Tuesday, December 2, 2008

INTERREGNUM

Dear reader,

In the 10 weeks between the end of what I now call the “I-lands” trip and the beginning of this next trip, a lot happened. I moved into a house that I just bought in San Francisco, got my consulting business partly off the ground, found a wonderful woman, lost that woman, and developed some perspective on the big losses, gains and events I experienced in 2008.

But! Now it is time for a new round of travel. Another five week journey, though this one will be different than I-lands.

Tierra del Fuego, the Antarctic Peninsula by expedition cruise, Buenos Aires, Rio de Janeiro, plus I don’t know where else. Christmas with Jewish Marxist Argentines, another 50th birthday international party, “Reveillon” on the Ipanema playa, and a rendezvous with my steadfast traveling companions, C&H. Much more outdoor adventure and nature this time, and I will see parts of two continents I’ve never visited before, and go far out into the Southern Ocean (more on that soon.)

I invite you to follow along again.

No comments: