Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Ana

Buenos Aires, Argentina
--Paraphrased telephone conversation--
17 December 2008


- Hola, Ana. This is Greg. I am a friend of your son Pablo.
- Ah! Hello, Gilbert. Pablo told me about you.
- Um, actually, my name is Greg. Pablo said that perhaps you could meet with me, to have a coffee, and tell me something about visiting Buenos Aires.
- Gilbert, unfortunately, this week is not so good. I am very busy with Pablo and with my visiting family and with Navidad. Next week is better for me.
- OK, OK, no problem. That is fine. By the way, Ana, me llamo es Greg, como Gregorio.
- Yes, well, Gilbert, welcome to Buenos Aires, and I am very sorry that I cannot meet you this week.
- Sure, claro. Feliz Navidid i prospero año nuevo, Ana. Also: my name is Greg.
- Bye-bye, Gilbert!
- Bye, Ana…

No comments: